To review a video tutorial of this content, please click here.
Skyward provides a document library so that you have a central location for documents related to your business flight operations. Examples include organization insurance documents or operating manuals, pilot certificates, aircraft registration documents, purchase receipts, etc.
How to Upload a Document to Skyward
- Drag and drop a document onto the dashed area in the document widget or click on the dashed area to open a file browser window.
- Name the document.
- Assign a document type – default types are available, but you can assign any type you like by typing in the document type text field.
- Click upload.
How to Manage Documents in Skyward
Access to the document library is through the document management widget. The document management widget appears on these screens or screen components:
- Personnel Detail
- Aircraft Detail
- Battery Detail
The document widget allows you to:
- Upload new documents
- Attach documents to a record from your document library
- Preview documents
- Download documents
- Edit (change the name or type) of a document
- Unattach documents from a record
From the three-dot dropdown menu you can preview, download, edit, or unattach documents.
Editing a document allows you to change the name and the type of the document.
You can preview pdf files in the preview viewer. Other document types are currently not able to be previewed.
The document library is available from any document widget under the three dot menu in the upper right of the widget.
From manage all documents you can:
- Delete Be careful! This will permanently remove the document from Skyward.