While working in Skyward, either as a pilot or an administrator, you may find that you need to review the complete list of existing operations. There are a few different ways to sort, filter, and view those operations, which we’ll discuss below.
Of note, please visit the Building an Operation article for examples on how to create new operations from scratch.
To begin, look to the middle of the Skyward menu at the top of the screen and select Operations.
This will take you to the Operation list, where the operations created by your organization can be viewed. By default, you’ll see these operations as a list, with a number of options for interacting with the Operation list:
1. At top left, you’ll find a search field that allows you to keyword search your operations. This keyword can be from the Operation Name, or the Operation ID.
2. Next to the search fields, there’s a Filters button that allows for filtering of Operations based on Status or Date Range.
3. To the right of the screen, there’s a toggle that allows for switching between List view and Calendar view. We’ll discuss this more below.
4. The button on number 4 allows for the import of new Operations from .csv. For an article on that feature, please visit this page.
5. The button at the far right on the page for Add Operation allows for a new operation to be created from the list. This action should only be used in the case that this Operation will be created using a saved flight area. Otherwise, start operation planning from the Map.
6. Operations can be sorted by Date or Name by clicking the column headers for the list data. Click once to sort Ascending, and a second time to sort Descending. Clicking a third time will remove the sorting back to default.
7. The ‘...’ icon next to each operation in the list allows for the Duplication or Deletion of that operation. It also allows for interaction with the crew notification window, to alert crew of that operation to any specific changes ahead of the Operation.
At any time, if you’d like to interact with a specific operation, just click the Operation Name to be taken to the operation’s detail page.
Working with the Calendar View
As mentioned above, the list view isn’t the only way to interact with Operations. Selecting the calendar view button: to toggle to calendar mode.
In calendar mode, you’ll see that the system defaults to the current date when showing operations. All operations that show by default will occur either today or in the future. To see previous day’s operations in this format, use the calendar tool at left to select a date in the past. You’ll see everything on or after the date selected.
Taking a closer look, there are a number of details viewable in the Operations Calendar that aren’t viewable in the list.
You can see from the screenshot above that PIC and Crew thumbnails are viewable in the Operations list, as well as the specific drone(s) that are being flown as a part of that operation. Just like with the operations list view, clicking on the Operation itself will allow you to visit the Operations detail page.
At bottom left, you’ll notice that the calendar view also gives you the ability to filter by specific personnel.