Whether you log flights in a spreadsheet or want to migrate from a different online logbook, you can import flights in bulk using CSV files.
To review video content related to this topic, please click here.
What you need
CSV File of Flights
Skyward uses a specific CSV format. If you log your flights in Excel you will need to save the file in CSV format in order to be able to use the Skyward bulk flight import function.
- Skyward recommends that you only edit your CSV with a plain text editor.
- If you use spreadsheet program be sure to set your date format correctly.
- Most spreadsheet programs automatically convert dates to the default date format. The only acceptable format is yyyy-mm-dd. If you use a spreadsheet program you must create a custom date format (yyyy-mm-dd) and apply the custom date format to your date column.
To Bulk Upload Operations and Flights to Skyward:
- Add flights to your Excel or CSV file
- If you are using Excel, save your file as a CSV file. Be sure to check that the date format is correct.
- 2) Go to Manage > Operations
- 3) Click Import
- 4) Select your CSV file from your desktop
Your flights will be imported.
All Columns Are Required – blank values accepted for crew
Skyward accepts multiple operations and multiple flights within each operation. This is ideal for importing logs from your old spreadsheets or other logfile source. Note, Skyward only accepts files in exactly the correct CSV format. Use a semicolon (;) to separate multiple values.
|Date||2016-08-03||Set your date column to yyyy-mm-dd|
|StartTime||09:00:00||Set your time column to hh:mm:ss 24 hour clock.|
|UTC||UTC-0700||Local time offset|
|Duration||15||Duration in whole minutes only. E.g. 1,15,23 etc.|
|Location||My house||Will be uploaded as manual location|
|AircraftName||MyDrone||Will be created if it doesn’t exist|
|AircraftMake||DJI||Added to aircraft record|
|AircraftModel||Inspire 1||Added to aircraft record|
|BatteryNames||Bat0,Bat1||Accepts multiple batteries|
|Pilot||Eric Donalds||Must be in Firstname Lastname format. One pilot only.|
|ObserverNames||Mary Lons; Gregory Sikes||Will accept multiple names, separate multiple with a ‘;’|
|PayloadOperatorNames||Krestin Framins||Will accept multiple names.|
|DispatcherNames||Fred Wasich||Will accept multiple names.|
|Payloads||MyCamera||Will accept multiple payloads.|